HOSTING a HITS Course or Seminar is easy!
We handle our own transportation and lodging. HITS also provides all the training materials as well as our own laptop computer. We will take the registrations by having the students sign up through HITS website. We will be responsible for billing and collecting tuition.
All the hosting agency has to do is:
- Have the host agency representative contact HITS to schedule a course or seminar
- Provide a training site adequate to comfortably seat the number of students projected to attend the course along with a quality presentation projector and speakers that can be plugged into a laptop computer
- Provide course completion certificates to the students
- The host agency may wish to coordinate with a state training provider if students are to receive POST or similar state law enforcement credit
- HITS will conduct an advertising campaign but also asks the hosting agency to assist by notifying nearby agencies and officers by teletype or other means available to the agency
- HITS will provide a copy of the advertisement for the course to the host agency
- Choose two Officers to attend the course at no charge
*A minimum of 25 tuition paying students will be needed to conduct the training. HITS reserves the right to cancel the course if the required minimum number of paying students is not met
CONTRACTING a HITS course or seminar
Contracting allows an agency or training facility to provide a HITS course or seminar to officers at a substantial savings per officer. The contracting agency receives a substantially reduced price for the course or seminar as a result of HITS not being burdened with the cost and effort of advertising, taking registration, and billing for individual student payment of which the savings can be passed on to the contracting agency. This usually means that a group of up to a maximum of 50 officers can be trained for up to half the price of normal tuition. That’s a big savings!
What the contracting agency will need to do:
- Contact HITS for rates and contract
- Provide a suitable training site along with a presentation projector and speakers that are compatible with a laptop computer
- Provide the students: Maximum of 50 unless otherwise stipulated in contract
- Provide course completion certificates to the students: The contracting agency may wish to coordinate with a state training provider if students are to receive POST or similar state law enforcement credit